Reputation Management can be defined as the activity performed by the individual or organization to attempt and understand the work of individual or business reputation. Through online also management firm offers the brand management services. It used to monitor the reputation of brand, and using customer feedback we gain even more customers if are service is good,if not we get warning signals from customers questioning are reputation which leads to the organisation into trouble.
It was originally known as public relation term,where public take responsibility to comment the management and its reputation ,but as advancement improved in technology and internet, media like Televisions,radio,newspapers and internet ads made it primarily an issue of search results. Because of this media advertisement has become popular and made many reputed companies very popular and most of the same brand companies go for a healthy competition. But this media also acts as a disadvantage because many fake companies are also created using reputed brand name,this is where people get confused. Although it is associated with ethical area such as responding to customer complaints, review sites, censoring negative complaints to improve the results, asking sites to take down correct information provided by the reputed companies and telling them the other sites available are fake against their organisation.
Most of reputation management is focused on pushing down negative search results to avoid negative comments about their management . Reputation management attempts to bridge the gap between how a company performs itself and how others view it.This service will help in a systematic way to remove these damaging posts from the web and other media using various strategies. Reputation is based on public perceptions formed both offline and online.
The reputation management can be separated into three different categories. Obviously its managing the reputation of company, but it can be for a company of any size, whether it is a larger company who wants to self-promote, or a just-established company which wants to get its name out there. They are:
• Building – This type of reputation management has to do with building the team for a business that is just getting started. It includes building a good team and the work provided by them to continue maintaining it for the business growth.
• Maintenance – It’s meant to just keep a company’s good image; superior in public’s view is called maintenance. This is also meant for companies that are already established, and have a good reputation.
• Recovery – If your business has gotten a bad reputation for any reason, then the recovery portion of reputation management is for you. this part of recovery works to hide the bad reputation with good marketing and self-promotion.
Online reputation management is the practice of monitoring the Internet reputation of a person, brand or business, with the goal of emphasizing positive coverage rather than negative reviews or feedback. Many different strategies, which include social media such as:
• Blogging – Blogs that are updated every day
• Directory listings – Listing a website in directories using optimized keywords
• Direct reviews – Hiring someone to write good reviews of the company on websites
• Online publicity – Syndicated article writing, links, and banners
• Social networking .
Online Reputation Management is a very labor intensive process. Any approach that is subtle and yet effective will take time, at least three months, before any progress is really seen. This includes – Posting pages on MySpace.com and Facebook.
Every plan should define reputation management, but it should also be unique to your business. What works for one company may not work for a different one, so be sure to keep your mind open, and accept that with a customized plan of attack, your reputation management will take some time to come to fruition.
The tips for online reputation management for a business are explained as:
In the first step is optimizing the company site and company name in branded website like Google, yahoo, Bing.
Then make feel the others that your websites are published and getting back links from the visitors.
Actively monitor the search results of your website being published at least once in a month.
Don’t mention any negative things which drive bad reputation to your company.
Even pay attention to your offline reputation. By sending out optimized reports to Press Releases on a regular basis your company name has a chance of getting ranked number one in reputation management. These steps when followed your business gets a good reputation.